Subscribe to these updates as an RSS feed
- Volunteers can now help us translate the OP3 show stats pages and the home/setup pages into other languages.
- Many thanks to BadGeek for generously providing a French translation.
- Translators can use an easy online editor, see the OP3 Translation page to get started.
2024-01-10: New client-side listen time statistics section on show pages
- Podcasters can unlock a new "Listen time" section in their stats pages, aggregated from anonymized streaming payments already supported by eight existing podcast apps.
- Learn how to enable these stats on the new OP3 Listen Time Calculation page.
2023-02-26: Show stats pages + new API calls for show downloads and other queries
2023-01-12: Download calculation page
2022-12-29: Preview links to OP3 show stats pages
- Made an early version of the show-level stats page available to podcasters running the OP3 prefix, primarily to verify the Downloads calculation.
- Podcasters going through the Setup page will now see instructions on how to request access to their stats page.
- The underlying OP3 Downloads API is not public yet, but will be part of an upcoming public release.
- Saving more non-listener-identifying fields on each request, after arriving at a consensus in a project disussion.
2022-10-18: New Setup page, API keys, optional prefix arguments
- Published a new Setup page with instructions, examples, and an easy-to-use feed checker to sanity-check your OP3 setup.
- Introduced proper API key management. Existing API users should switch over to these more stable credentials instead of hardcoding the shared preview tokens.
- Introduced a way to pass optional arguments in the prefix url using comma-delimited name=value pairs. Can be used to pass your Podcast Guid as part of the redirect (see Examples).
2022-09-24: Request URL "starts with" queries
- The existing Query Redirect Logs
url parameter now supports trailing wildcards. Can be used for simple "episode URL starts with" queries before proper show rollup logic is in place.
- Added documention about the sort order of the Query Redirect Logs results.
2022-09-15: Initial launch! Prefix redirect and Data API preview
- New podcast episode prefix service: https://op3.dev/e/ ready to use - safely and securely stores basic episode request attributes.
- New API and associated API Documentation providing open access to low-level episode data, as a preview of what's to come.
- Existing podcasters can contribute real data to this project by adding the prefix to the episode urls in their podcast RSS feed.